Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy 2011! I wanted to start the new year off by creating a space where I can share happenings and images with friends and family on a more personal level.  I hope you follow along or check back often!
Most of my images are taken as I walk through downtown in the city I love and call home. More often than not I walk with a tripod and camera in one hand while the other hand is busy securing two large, rambunctious dogs on leashes. If I am not at work I am most likely out and about enjoying life this way. Because it is so cold out this week I have been reflecting back on warmer times. The shot below was taken on a warm June evening while walking across the Hawthorne Bridge looking to the south along the Willamette River. During this week every summer Portland hosts its annual Blues Fest along its Waterfront Park. Here, boaters drop anchor and congregate along the marina to get a first class view of the party. This shot was taken a few nights before the beginning of the festivities. As the temps have dropped into the low twenties this week I felt this was a good kick off for my blog.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on starting this blog! Can't wait to see your adventures!

    ReplyDelete