Thursday, January 5, 2012

Heaven Is Listening

Looking back on the years in which I lived my life in the dark I absorb the gratitude that fills me today. A moment of despair suddenly a moment of clarity. Hanging my head down low, abusing my body and relationships, and an attitude of giving up acutely released. A decision to step out of that darkness like dropping a world of weight from my tired shoulders. To trudge forward even though the consequences of caused destruction patiently await me along my fresh, chosen path. Learning a new way to face the obstacles that forever attempt to pull my mind back to the dark. Realizing life and the people in it are golden.  With each new day a prayer to heavens light for guidance and inspiration. A story of growth and evolution. To never give up. just one day at a time.


A break in the midnight sky offers a sense of relief as I return home from a fishing trip

Turnagain Arm, Alaska 2004

1 comment:

  1. Nick every time you write a blog it comes just at the right time.It gives me renewed energy. Thank You I needed it today Im sure you know why!!! Love you Mom

    ReplyDelete