Thursday, February 28, 2013

Badges and Baseball

I have always considered myself fortunate to have been raised by a man with a badge. Knowing the differences between right and wrong came without struggle hanging around a bunch of cops. Early on, I was given a glove and a bat and ball by my grandfather (bottom row, second from left). He was a baseball fanatic and it acutely became my passion and obsession as well. An outlet not only for me, but for a group of guys who spent a good chunk of their free time together, practicing and playing against other police agencies across California. They lived for this. This particular image was found while sifting through a box of old photographs. My attention was immediately drawn towards the genuine sense of camaraderie and fun that is evoked. They were a unit of heroes both on the highway and on the diamond.

California Highway Patrolmen
baseball nuts

No comments:

Post a Comment