Thursday, May 31, 2012

Candles and The Vintage







California Highway Patrolman D. Craig


One of the most significant people over the course of my life has been my grandfather.  Today is his birthday. He still gives me that go-with-your-gut answer when I look to him for advice. He still lives for baseball and at 76, plays up to 180 softball games annually (at last count) and he still is very much the father figure in my life. I have a small collection of photos of him early on in his career as a patrolman and sheriffs deputy, slowly working to restore them. It is important to me to preserve and share these vintage photographs.
Happy Birthday Papa!


This photograph is sacred to me and sits in a frame on a table. I still love root beer popcicles and the San Francisco Giants to this day (see above bib donned on yours truly). 



Today also marks the birthday of another exceptional person who has touched me profoundly (you know who you are!). I miss you deeply and my life is not the same without you! Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment