Thursday, June 7, 2012

Rebirth

Seven years ago to the day, a significant transformation took place within me. Prior to that day I wandered a destructive path. Living life with a serious addiction, I had no regard for anything or anybody, which more than anything included my body, mind, and soul. It was a vicious cycle each and everyday. At a critical and pivotal moment, an angel offered a guiding hand to me. With nothing left to lose except my heartbeat, I reached up to that hand. Instantly, a true rebirth occurred, guiding me into the light. I use this week each year to reflect on the past and how far I've traveled in my journey. It has not been entirely magical or glorious. I still face life's challenges.  But I am able to feel again. I am alive and I am free. More than anything I have never doubted the power of God and for that I am truly grateful.


No comments:

Post a Comment